Top 10 Jewelry Resolutions
Happy New Year from Union Diamond! We hope 2016 is off to a fabulous start! As you prepare your list of New Year’s resolutions, don’t forget to include some style, fashion and accessory goals for 2016. Some of these are simple reminders for jewelry maintenance and care, while others should be considered for your “wish lists” or to up your style game! Cheers!
- Have your jewelry checked. As least once a year, your jewelry should be checked by a professional for loose stones, worn mountings and overall condition.
- Have your jewelry cleaned. A cleaned and polished piece of jewelry is always dazzling! Such an easy way to restore natural beauty and can be done in our showroom while you wait!
- Insure your jewelry. Submit all appraisals to your insurance company and store these documents (appraisals, laboratory reports etc.) in a safe location or safety deposit box.
- Pass down an heirloom. Out with the old, in with the new! We encourage you to treat all of your jewelry as if it is an heirloom, because one day it likely will be. Passing down an heirloom piece of jewelry is an excellent way to commemorate a special occasion or celebration.
- Repurpose something special. Are you holding on to grandma’s wedding band or an old set of pearls from mom? We love helping to recreate antique jewelry into something current and modern-day.
- Upgrade your sweetheart’s ring. Anniversaries, milestone birthdays and the birth of a child are opportune times to celebrate and acknowledge with a special piece of jewelry…a stunning pendant, right hand ring or stacked band are excellent choices.
- Buy a second watch. We often get in a rut of wearing the same watch every…single…day. Your watch should reflect you and different occasions necessitate switching up this everyday accessory.
- Make a statement. Consider adding a few statement pieces to your jewelry box. Chunky necklaces and bold colors dramatically increase your style and presence.
- Don’t forget to stay true to the basics. Every jewelry collection should include the basics: diamond studs, a nice set of pearls, gold hoop earrings, a right hand ring. And don’t forget to upgrade your basics from time to time!
- Lastly, have fun in 2016! Get outside your comfort zone and challenge yourself in 2016, and don’t forget to Sparkle and Shine!